Inspired by the belief that food is medicine, Kroma is on a mission to simplify how people integrate functional superfood nutrition into everyday life while making it taste so good, you won’t believe it’s this good for you. We have scanned the world to find the most nutrient dense, high integrity, sustainably sourced superfood ingredients available. We are at the forefront of the wellness space, pioneering new approaches and moving with incredible speed.
As an early member of the Kroma team, the Senior Manager, Digital Marketing will be instrumental in driving both customer acquisition and retention efforts across web, paid media, email, SMS, and new marketing opportunities. This role will help drive customer acquisition in partnership with our paid marketing agency as well as help increase customer LTV by evolving our email/SMS channel and growing our subscription channel, loyalty program, customer reviews, and referral programs across all sales channels. The ideal candidate has a foundational knowledge of the wellness space, is excited by starting up and scaling fast, and has proven experience to think strategically and execute on a daily basis.
This position will report directly to the VP, Marketing at Kroma Wellness. This role is remote, but flexibility for in-person meetings is appreciated.
Manage Kroma’s Digital Marketing strategy and day-to-day execution, with direct collaboration from paid media agency and marketing team:
- Create, refine and help optimize direct-to-consumer marketing—across paid acquisition channels, email, SMS—including strategy, messaging, reporting, and daily monitoring
- Evolve email/SMS segmentation, contact and testing strategy, inclusive of lifecycle email/SMS, partnering with marketing on the development of creative and messaging
- Manage subscription and loyalty programs, evolving and growing both beyond current state into best-in-class programs
- Hands-on execution campaigns within our marketing/CRM stack: Klaviyo, Shopify Plus, Recharge, Yotpo, Gorgias
- Drive brand and product advocacy and customer reviews, leveraging loyalty, CRM initiatives and referral program
- Partner with marketing, operations, and dev teams to optimize site based on growth and CRM insights and initiatives, adapting a test and learn strategy to improve performance
- Manage agency partners (paid media, SEO) to implement growth strategies to scale our existing channels and test new channels; oversee distribution of Growth reporting to executive stakeholders.
- Improve engagement and conversion metrics throughout the marketing funnel
- Run iterative tests to identify scalable opportunities
- Ensure media and digital executions are best-practice and functioning as they are intended to (i.e. click-thrus on emails, on site, in ads, etc)
- Grow our 1st party database and manage SEO for kromawellness.com
- Provide consumer insights support as well as audience development support for all digital media campaigns.
- Develop and refine acquisition/email/SMS/loyalty/retention goals, reporting on progress and results on a weekly/monthly/quarterly basis
- Keep a finger on the pulse of new technology, emerging products and platforms, and make recommendations on those to invest in which will have a positive ROI on the business
- Monitor and report on competitor activity across growth and CRM to apply to strategic plans
- Be the brand expert for all consumer data-related questions and insights
A successful candidate will have:
- 5-10 years of experience managing CRM and performance marketing strategy, ideally in a DTC consumer product-oriented environment. Wellness category experience a plus.
- Proven experience in successfully scaling paid media channels with a focus on social media platforms including but not limited to Facebook Ads, Google Ads, TikTok ads, Pinterest Ads
- Proven experience in building and scaling a CRM strategy—inclusive of email, SMS, loyalty, subscription, referral—to maximize results across key business KPIs
- Strong cross-functional collaborator that ensures alignment with team members and resources before launches (i.e. value chains, inventory forecasts, ads, site content, emails/SMS)
- Experience and comfort with ecommerce platforms, Google Analytics, Shopify, Facebook Manager, Google Ads Manager,
- Balance of left brain/right brain, with ability to translate our brand story to the consumer and our sales story to senior leadership
- Passion for digging into qualitative and quantitative data, uncovering actionable insights and acting on them.
- Willingness to do whatever it takes to seek out answers to find a solution—explore out of the box solutions, track down resources, and identify how to successfully execute.
- Self-starter; thrives in a fast-paced environment, and comfortable with high level of ambiguity