In the superfood kitchen with Meredith Baird.
If you’re looking for a healthy and energizing treat, you’re going to love these Beauty Matcha Bars. Our favorite superfood chef, Meredith Baird Figone created these delicious no-bake bars using our Beauty Matcha and supercharged ingredients like almond, coconut, ginger, and cinnamon … with a decadent cacao ganache base. We are addicted!
- 1½ C Almonds
- 1½ C Coconut flakes
- 1 TBSP Kroma Majik Matcha Latte
- ½ TSP Sea salt
- ¼ TSP Ginger
- ¼ TSP Cinnamon
- 4 TBSP Maple syrup
- 1 TBSP Coconut oil, melted
- 2-3 Drops liquid monk fruit (optional)
- In a food processor, process almonds until fine and crumbly. Add coconut flakes and continue to process until everything is well combined, but not oily. Then add sea salt, ginger, cinnamon maple syrup and coconut oil and pulse until everything is thoroughly combined and holds together when pressed between fingers. The goal with this mixture is a cookie-dough like texture. Taste, and add a few drops of liquid monk fruit if looking to boost sweetness.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper, and press mixture in the bottom. It should be about 1 inch thick. Leave enough parchment on the sides to use to pull out the bar.
- 1 C Raw cacao butter, chopped
- 1 C Cacao powder
- ½ C Maple syrup
- ¼ TSP Sea salt
- Melt the cacao butter in the bowl of a double boiler. (Create a double boiler by heating a few cups of water in a saucepan, and pacing the bowl over the warm water.) Whisk to melt cacao butter. You don’t want it to boil, or get too hot.
- Stir in cacao powder
- Remove from heat, and stir in maple syrup and sea salt
- Pour this mixture over the matcha bar
- Refrigerate for a few minutes to set up
- Using parchment, remove the bar from the loaf pan
- Cut into 1 inch slices with a serrated knife
Makes approximately 12 bars
Store in the refrigerator