Beauty Matcha Bars with Chocolate Ganache Recipe
By Meredith Baird Figone
If you’re looking for a healthy and energizing treat, you’re going to love these Beauty Matcha Bars. Our favorite superfood chef, Meredith Baird Figone, created these delicious no-bake bars using our Beauty Matcha Latte (if you want a vegan option, you can use our Majik Matcha!) and supercharged ingredients like almond, coconut, ginger, and cinnamon … with a decadent cacao ganache base. We are addicted!
MATCHA BAR INGREDIENTS
1 ½ C Almonds
1 ½ C Coconut flakes
½ tsp Sea salt
¼ tsp Ginger
¼ tsp Cinnamon
4 T Maple syrup
1 T Coconut oil, melted
2-3 Drops liquid monk fruit (optional)
CHOCOLATE GANACHE INGREDIENTS
1 C Raw cacao butter, chopped
1 C Cacao powder
½ C Maple syrup
¼ tsp Sea salt
MATCHA BAR DIRECTIONS
- In a food processor, process almonds until fine and crumbly.
- Add coconut flakes and continue to process until everything is well combined, but not oily.
- Add Kroma Beauty Matcha (or Majik Matcha), sea salt, ginger, cinnamon, maple syrup, and coconut oil, and pulse until everything is thoroughly combined and holds together when pressed between fingers. The blend should have a cookie dough-like texture.
- Taste, and add a few drops of liquid monk fruit if looking to boost sweetness.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper, and leave enough parchment on the sides to use to pull out the bar. Press mixture in the bottom until it is about 1 inch thick.
CHOCOLATE GANACHE DIRECTIONS
- Melt the cacao butter in the bowl of a double boiler. (Create a double boiler by heating a few cups of water in a saucepan, and placing a bowl over the warm water.)
- Whisk to melt the cacao butter, and make sure it doesn’t boil or get too hot.
- Stir in cacao powder
- Remove from heat, and stir in maple syrup and sea salt until combined
- Pour combined mixture over the matcha bar
- Refrigerate until ganache is set up
- Using parchment on the sides, remove the bar from the loaf pan
- Cut bar into 12 1-inch slices with a serrated knife
Store in the refrigerator