Nourished AF Edition
To be honest, I am not a fan of the traditional "cleanse" where you fast excessively, consume juices or smoothies only, and follow an extremely restricted diet that eliminates certain foods or food groups. Starving yourself for days or weeks at a time. It is important to note that while a cleanse may provide short-term "benefits", such as weight loss, it is not a sustainable long-term solution for improving health. Some cleanses can be dangerous or harmful if not done properly. It is always best to consult a healthcare professional before starting any kind of dietary or cleansing practice.
From time to time, I recognize that our bodies may need a break from highly processed foods, alcohol, and excessive sugar intake. This is where Kroma's 5-day Reset comes in. It is a way to re-establish healthy habits by giving your body delicious functional whole foods and beverages. The reset has nutrient-rich superfoods to help your body improve digestion, increase metabolic function, balance adrenals, decrease bloating, improve sleep, and so much more.
What I love about Kroma is that they focus on organic, ethically-sourced, real ingredients that leave you feeling NOURISHED, recharged, and realigned with your body. It is easy to follow and it helps you get in tune with your body's senses.
They have three customizable protocols to try:
I tried the Lifestyle protocol and I have to say I felt SO good during and after the 5 days. It is a top-notch product given the amazing ingredients that support brain health and gut health. I even lost 3 lbs which I wasn't intending to and yet I still felt satiated. Also, their packaging is beautiful! I mean, seriously, look at how gorgeous it is. Full disclosure: I did join Kroma as an Ambassador because I love what they stand for, and the owners are fellow IIN Alumni - a Mother & Daughter duo (who I adore). They state, "it is important to note that no matter what protocol you choose, you should never feel starved or deprived." That's a win in my book! It truly captures being Nourished AF.
1. Plan ahead. Buy all your groceries before you start the Reset journey. Kroma provides you with a shopping list - it's a no-brainer!
2. Try to pick a time when you can truly invest and make a commitment to yourself. This will ensure that your process of the Reset does not overlap or clash with other dates or obligations like when you have a family gathering or event to attend.
3. To accomplish any goal, it is essential to have a clear set of guidelines that you should follow. Kroma makes this easy because they have a user-friendly app to follow along with. It will help you remain focused and determined to reset your body with ease. Plus they provide beautiful notes on each package and notifications from the app that nourishes your soul.
4. Pick all the vegetables and fruits you love for your Reset. It is a psychological fact that if your taste buds taste the item that you love, it sends a very positive signal and message to your brain. Don't worry - they have this amazing cookie butter so your sweet tooth will be satisfied as well.
5. If you visit your friends and family members during your Reset journey or even before you start, it is best to share your plans with them. It will ensure that you stay on track and have the support of your family or friends.
6. Better yet, invite a friend, partner, or family member that also wants to do it with you. It is fun to do it with others because it will keep you both feeling motivated & inspired. I think everyone should give it a try!
How many times have you completed a detox or cleanse program that leaves you feeling somewhat better but just a few days later, you are right back to where you started?
Kroma helps set you up for long-term success by changing habits and behaviors for a vibrant lifestyle. Lastly, make sure that you write down your experience through the Reset journey. It will help you become mindful of how good it feels to nourish your body with the food it needs to thrive and recognize your body's natural hunger cues.
Ready to give it a try? Use NOURISHEDAF15 to get 15% off your first Reset!
You can find April's original post on her Nourished AF blog.