- ½ C Dried shiitakes
- 5 C Water
- 2-3 Dried kombu, long pieces
- Steep shiitakes, and kombu on medium to low heat for about an hour to extract flavor. This part is optional, but helps to add a richness to the broth. The broth should be dark brown in color. Remove kombu, and shiitakes and reserve for another use.
Keep Dashi warm.
- 3 TBSP Kroma Veggie Broth with Miso
- 3 TBSP Chickpea Miso (or white Miso)
- 3 TBSP Tahini
- 1 C Dashi
- Whisk veggie broth flakes, miso, and tahini together in the two cups dashi, this will create a paste. This step is important, because it helps everything emulsify. Add the paste back to the 5 cups of warm dashi from above.
- Stir well to combine. Try to be mindful to not let this mixture boil. Keep it hot, but not boiling.
- In a separate pot, boil water to make noodles. You can use traditional ramen noodles, rice ramen, kelp or zucchini noodles. The broth is delicious on its own and tastes great with any type of noodle.
- 1-2 C Kale, finely chopped
- ½ C Cilantro, chopped
- 2-3 Green onions, thinly sliced
- Sesame seeds (optional)
- Favorite hot sauce (optional)
- Pour hot broth over noodles and kale.
- Add garnishes.
- Eat immediately!